Independent Jewellers Response to COVID-19
Important message for Independent Jewellers President and Owner regarding COVID-19
Last Updated: 1st of August, 2020
In-Store Mask Required. If you have forgotten to bring your personal mask, we will gladly provide you with a disposable mask.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Edmonton, BYLAW #19408 Effective August 1st, 2020.
Last Updated: 12th of May, 2020
Independent Jewellers Edmonton will be reopening on May 14th, with new hours. The health and safety of customers and staff is a top priority. In keeping with COVID-19 health policies, the store will allow for physical distancing and regularly-used surfaces will be cleaned.
We look forward to seeing you in-person soon!
Last Updated: 16th of March, 2020
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, our thoughts are with anyone who is currently impacted by this virus, whether they are in a 14 -day quarantine, have contracted the virus or know or is related to someone who has been affected by COVID-19.
It is important for our valued customers and employees to know that we are taking sensible steps to provide a safer shopping and working environment for everyone.
We are doing our best to keep up with the rapidly changing information and we are closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak according to the guidelines and recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
We are committed, and want to share with you the actions we are taking to help protect our employees and our customers. Some of the steps include:
- We have advised our employees to follow the public health authorities' guidance regarding hygiene, particularly including frequent, proper handwashing.
- We have hand-sanitizing stations available when you enter the store and at every point-of-sale station.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols in the store. Disinfecting commonly touched surfaces, including the tills (pin-pads), counters, work spaces, equipment and door handles.
- We are encouraging employees who exhibit any sign of flu-like symptoms to stay home and consult with a medical professional.
- We have advised our employees to follow the public health authorities' guidance regarding personal travel and are enforcing the recommended 14-day quarantine for staff returning from travel outside Canada.
We want you to know that we value every customer and thank you for continuing to patronize Independent Jewellers Rest assured that we are doing our part to mitigate the risks; we want you to feel as comfortable as possible. Our dedicated sales team will continue to provide an excellent in-store shopping experience. If you are more comfortable shopping from home, we welcome the opportunity to hearing from you on-line. As another shopping option, we have also improved our phone sales and service process; simply call the store and you can speak directly to one of our professional sales or service team. We can assist you over the phone to find that perfect gift and then we can make arrangements to ship your purchase, hassle free.
As a local business owner and operator, I believe that as a community, if we all do our part, stay calm and follow the guidelines as they evolve, we can get through this together.
Thank you for your support and understanding
Gerry Gilroy – Independent Jewellers President & Owner